I have got a lot of catching up to do, so here I go...please bare with me. About 2 months ago, Trevor and I decided to check out this place called New Life Ultrasound. They are a 3d/4d ultrasound facility where they are able to tell the gender at only 14 weeks! I had heard so many great things about this place and that their accuracy rate was in the high 90's. I, of course, made Trevor take me! I was all about going just to see if they were able to give us their prediction. We went in with the mind set of "Let's see if they are able to tell us and see how right they think they are, but we will hold off on major shopping and announcing to the world until it's confirmed at a later appointment." So in we went. After only a few minutes of looking, the ultrasound tech said, "ok, one more look from me, and I will write what it is." A minute later, she slowly writes "It's a g.i.r.l."!!!! I was shocked to say the least. I thought all along it was a boy. For one, the Morin side of the family only produces boys and second, I never got sick once! Plus I just had that gut feeling. Well was my gut feeling wrong. The night before, Trevor said he had a strong feeling it was a girl...I guess the daddy's intuition is stronger than the mommy's. I was thrilled though, I started crying once I saw the g.i.... I secretly hoped it was a girl because I thought I'd never get one being married to a Morin. I was probably one of their most annoying clients because I kept asking if they were sure and how sure they thought they were. She said they aren't allowed to say they are 100% positive, but with me she gave a 99.9% and said I am set to shop. After, we stopped by Babies R Us and bought just a couple girl things to make it seem more real. It was such a fun day, but in the back of our minds, we still wanted to hold out until the 20 week ultrasound.
Here are some pics of the 14 week ultrasound:
LOVE the face shot. Looks like she is scrunching her face!
Little toes :)
So then......we had our BIG ultrasound this past Monday. I was already at 22 weeks, so a little behind at getting it done and it was confirmed that indeed, we are having a girl. Did I mention this girl is a wiggle bug? Every ultrasound we have had, the tech has something to say about how much our baby moves...and we have had a different tech everytime. This one though, this girl would not hold still. We were only able to get a couple shots because she wouldn't be still long enough to get one. I think she is dancing up a storm and just practicing away! Here are the 22 week pics:
Big Foot!
She is so much bigger than the last time we saw her! It's so fun to see! I am getting pretty large as well. I exploded within just 3 weeks. I went from 0-60. It's hard to see the scale go up in numbers, but I'm glad to know she is big and healthy.
And last, she has a name!!! We pretty much had our names picked out before we even got married, but we were still tossing some ideas around. But, it was decided that her name shall be.......
Kaiana Jean Morin
and we will call her Kaia for short. I have wanted that name ever since I can remember. And Jean is my dear grandmothers name, whom I love so much! Now it's on to some serious shopping and personalized gifts!
Um. Okay. What? Holy moly....wow...WHAT?! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm always the last to know everything. I'm so excited for you guys!
ReplyDeleteP.S. you're incredibly adorable pregnant.
ReplyDelete