We had the opportunity to go up to Utah the last 2 weeks of August. Trevor's best friend Chris Lillenberg was getting married on the 20th. He was the best man in our wedding, and we all grew up together, so of course we weren't going to miss this big event! We originally had no plans until the wedding and were planning on this to be a nice, laid back trip, but somehow we turned out to be the busiest bees!
We got there the weekend before the wedding and headed straight to Strawberry Reservoir to go camping with Trevor's other friend Robert and his girlfriend. It was quite the adventure to say the least. About a half hour after we got there, we had the worst summer storm! Torrential rains, and crazy thunder and lightening. Our tent got knocked over and flooded. Thankfully, Robert was staying in a trailer so we hung out there for most of the night. Oh, and we had Khan with us for the trip and the poor boy had to stay in the car throughout the storm. The boys tried to catch trout, but it was a no-go in the weather. It had cleared up by morning and we spent the afternoon fishing. We had no luck and I had a disappointed hubby! But, Khan sure did enjoy himself, he swam like crazy the entire day in the lake and had fun discovering his surroundings. I would have pictures, but my camera was dead!
The rest of the week, we had dinner with friends, spent a day at Lagoon and spent the night before the wedding at Boondocks with all the wedding family. We didn't have one day to just sit and relax, but it was fun. Then the big day was here and I'm so grateful we were there to witness it all! They were sealed in the Mount Timpanogos temple and had a touching ring ceremony. Chris has a lovely new wife Summer, and we can't wait to get to know her better. I have pics on my phone, but can't figure out how to get them on the computer. Trevor had to drive home Monday morning with Khan and I stayed for another week. My parents drove up Tuesday, and we spent the week together with most of the family. I was able to get some shopping done for our home and Kaia's room. I swear Utah has the best home decor stores!
Thursday night, we all drove up tp Idaho to be there for my cousin Taylor's wedding. He is such a stud! He was one of the cousins I lived with when I lived in Florida. We became pretty close, and I would not have missed his wedding! Friday, we had a huge family dinner and got to meet his woman Annie. She is GORGEOUS! And Saturday was his big day. They were married in the Rexburg, Idaho temple and their sealing was amazing!
Waiting outside the Temple. Rowan was in such a silly mood.
Talon and Taylor
Rowan and Taylor
My good looking cousins minus Tanner who is on his mission.
Taters
Isn't her dress amazing?!
Brendan
The girl cousins
Braden kissing Kaia...I'm very aware my belly is HUGE in this picture!
They did a flash mob dance at the reception. So fun!
Me and T.C.
I'm so grateful I was able to be there for both of these weddings. It was a fun little vacation knowing it was our last one without Kaia here...at least I hope so. I am so done with road trips. Driving from Cali to Utah to Idaho to Utah to Cali in a 2 week period at 7 months pregnant was a lot. But, I wouldn't trade it with the great time I had.
No comments:
Post a Comment