Friday, December 9, 2011

The First Few Weeks

We had a lot going on the first week Kaia was here. We came home from the hospital the day after she was born (which happened to be my birthday), so we came home to a little birthday party for the 2 of us. It was nice and relaxing and just what we needed. Auntie Candice spoiled her! She recieved a lot of cute clothes that she can't wait to wear. The next day, she had her first doctors appointment. She looked great and was perfectly healthy. Then we spent the rest of the day with visitors. Saturday, we had a small little Thanksgiving for our family. Since my dad was going to be gone, we decided to celebrate early. We had some family over and enjoyed a nice evening with everyone.

Trevor and I had been debating on what to do about her blessing. We have the blessing dress that I was blessed in and all the girls following after wore it as well. So it meant a lot to have her in it too. We also wanted my dad to be a part of it, but we would have to wait 8 months before we could, then she would be too big for the dress. Saturday night, we decided to call the bishop and see if it would be possible to bless her that next morning. He said yes, and we hurried to get things ready for that. At just 4 days old, baby Kaia was given a very sweet blessing by Trevor, my dad got to be a part of it and she got to wear my dress. It was fast, but it worked out perfectly! We had friends and family over after for a luncheon. That day also happened to be my dad's birthday and we had a small birthday party for him that evening. We gave him a picture of him and Kaia together in an "I love Grandpa" frame to put on his locker on the ship and the onesie she wore so he could smell her whenever he wanted. Sadly, he left bright and early the next day for his 8 month deployment. We were so happy he was able to be there for her birth and the blessing. But, we miss him dearly and can't wait for him to come home. After a busy few days, we finally were able to just relax and settle down for a while.

I have had a pretty rough recovery. I wasn't healing properly and it was causing me a lot of pain. I came down with the flu, and also mastitis (on top of the flu), all at the same time. I wasn't able to be near Kaia for 3 days and it was the hardest thing to go through. I feel like she changed so much and I missed out on a chunk of her life so far. I'm so happy to finally be feeling better and being able to do more with my little girl. And now here are some pictures of little girl and the first few weeks of her life.


                                                                     Kaiana's blessing day. November 13, 2011





                                                                           With the grandparents.


                                                             Looking so beautiful in her blessing outfit.


                                                 Helping grandpa get ready to blow out his birthday candles.


                                                                               Her first bath...


                                                                          And NOT too happy about it!


                                                                            All ready for bed.


                                                                   I love this. She's such a funny girl.


One of the first things we noticed, was how she sleeps like her daddy. They both have to have their hands behind their head.


                                                                  Thanksgiving at Grandpa Morin's.


                                                                          Look at those luscious lips!


                                                    First Christmas jammies, thanks to cousin Katy!





                                                                          My little Sleeping Beauty.





                                                     Her first Christmas ornament. Thanks Aunt Kelsey!


I love to watch her sleep. And yes, that is her very own Charger's blanket. It has Mickey Mouse on it too! Perfect for mommy and daddy!


                                                                 So comfy and cozy after her bath!

Such a sweet, sweet girl. I can't get enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment