We spent the rest of the day running errands and doing last minute things to prepare for the baby. Our car was a complete mess, filled with dog hair and weeds from hunting, so we spent the evening cleaning it out. It took a long time to get that thing clean and we worked up quite a sweat. I was working extra hard, hoping it would help move things along. It got cleaned and we put the carseat in and it was all ready for baby to come home. After we were finished, we enjoyed a family dinner, I took the castor oil (which was just a delight to consume. I put it in a glass of orange juice and it was like drinking vasoline. It was so thick and oily. YUCK!), and we settled down for the evening. I had taken the oil at 8 pm and within an hour, I started to feel a bit off. I didn't feel sick, but I felt like I could be getting sick. We were trying to watch a movie, but I decided I just needed to go lay in bed.
At 11 pm, I started to feel the slightest feeling in my pelvic area. After a little, I noticed I was feeling it every 5 minutes. It was so faint at first, so we didn't think anything of it. I had called my sister to see what contractions felt like for her and she said to just go to the hospital. By the time we finally decided to, the contractions were getting stronger and a little more painful. We got there at around 2 in the morning, they checked me and I wasn't dilated. They came back and checked me an hour later, and still nothing. They said it was false labor, gave me demerol and sent me home. They told me the demerol would kick in in about 20 minutes and the contractions should stop. We got home around 4 am and tried to go to sleep. I was just lying there, waiting for the medicine to kick in and it never did. The contractions just kept getting worse. Trevor called the hospital and they said there was nothing they could do. They told us to sit in the bath to help ease the pain and if I couldn't take it anymore, to come in for some stronger medicine. The bath did nothing and by this time, I was hurting! The worst pain in my life! Trevor looked at me and said he couldn't take it anymore and wanted to go back to the hospital. We got back there during the nurses shift change. They were all in there looking at me as I'm hunched over on the ground screaming in pain and did nothing. The nurse who checked me earlier was looking at the other nurses like "She was just in here 2 hours ago, she's not dilated". After a minute of them standing and staring at me, one nurse came to me and took me to a room. She checked me right away and I was dilated to an 8! I left the hospital at a 0 and two hours later, I was an 8! The nurse said to call whoever we needed to call right away, because I was having a baby anytime. Within the first 15 minutes of being there, I was at a 10 and ready to push. It's a good thing we went back to the hospital, or I would have had this baby in the tub! We had to wait however for the doctor to come, which took a while. They were nice enough to give me the epidural even though I was so far along, and let me tell you, it was heaven! The nurse had me do practice pushes and baby was making her way down, so we had to stop. But with each contraction, the baby just kept coming with or without the doctor. He finally came and our parents had got there just in time. Within just a couple minutes, I had my baby girl in my arms. It was crazy how fast everything went. We weren't expecting to have a baby then, we just wanted some stronger pain medicine. I practically had a natural labor, except the pushing. But with all the pain and craziness, I'm so glad she came and was perfectly healthy and that's all I could have asked for.
Kaiana Jean Morin
Born November 9th, 2011 @ 10:07 am
6 lbs 10 oz & 20.5 inches
Look at all that blonde hair!
She was so alert right away. As soon as they put her on my chest, she would just look all around.
That's the sweetest face I've ever seen!
I'm a little exposed, but this is the only one we have of the 3 of us, so I love it for that reason. And, Trevor looks pretty hott too!
So glad she could come before my dad had to deploy. He got to spend a few days with her.
Grandma Flores
Grandma Morin
The daddy :)
Four generations. My sister Candice bought a plane ticket as soon as she heard I was in the hospital. She made it down later that afternoon and stayed with us for a few days.
We were all so tired! It was a long night for all of us.
We are so very blessed to have her in our lives. I don't think we've ever felt a love like this before her. She is such a sweet spirit and I feel so honored that I get to be her mother.
I named my baby kaiana too. She was born oct. 19 2011
ReplyDelete